Do you need stress analysis for your part, assembly, aerospace component, aircraft modifications or structure? Our staff of stress analysts can help you. By using methods appropriate for your systems requirements, we can design, verify or diagnose structural issues and design a repair.
To provide you with an efficient and accurate stress analysis we apply finite element stress analysis and classical hand analysis as follows:
- A free body diagram of the item should be prepared showing all applied loads and reactions.
- Calculate the magnitude of the reactions based on static equilibrium or using redundant structure analysis methods such as FEA
- Calculate internal stresses using sections cuts through the item or using finite element analysis.
- Calculate allowable stresses based on all possible failure modes including
- Material yield stress
- Material Ultimate stress
- Material fatigue allowable based on the load spectrum
- Buckling or crippling stress allowable for compressive loads
In fact, we have performed successful stress analysis on aerospace components and aircraft modifications by using both: finite element stress analysis and classical
Examples of our stress analysis experience include efforts to predict the
fatigue life and damage tolerance
capability of existing and redesigned arresting gear truss assemblies for carrier aircraft.
The purpose of this stress analysis program was to extend the life of existing arresting gear by analysis and testing of the gear to realistic loadings. We developed a realistic loading spectrum based on flight test data for the analysis and test.
Arresting Gear Finite Element Stress Analysis
By using strain life fatigue predictions
methods, we predicted the fatigue
life and damage tolerance
of the assembly, and compared to the test data with excellent results.
Our experts have also conduct structural analysis
of electrical equipment for seismic requirements using the latest building code seismic requirements. We also can help you with static,
strength, fatigue life, damage tolerance calculations. And, our staff of stress analysts can prepare for you strength certification reports.
Contact us or get a free quote now!