Testing Services for the Transportation and Shipping Market
Dayton T. Brown, Inc. is experienced in the various test and evaluation procedures
used in the transportation and shipping industry. This includes testing involved
in the following market areas as an example.
Due to security reasons, the following list is not all-inclusive, it is merely a
sampling of DTB capabilities.
- National Safe Transit Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- International Safe Transit Association
- Railroad Inter-modal Loading
- Inter-modal Loading for Product in Closed Trailers and Containers
- Packaging of Airline Supplies
- Cargo Inspection Systems
- Security Seals for Shipping Containers
We are an approved laboratory for testing Security Seals per ISO 17712:2010 and ASTM 1157-04 specifications.
To view our A2LA certification for this testing service, please click here. Our in-house machine shop can build adapters and fixtures to fit any size of Security Seals, truly making us your one-stop testing solution.
For more details on the various types of services that we have available for Security Seal Testing, please take a look at our ISO 17712:2010 High Security Seal Testing Fact Sheet.
- Security Seal Information Form
- Mechanical Seals for Freight Containers
- Common Carrier Transportation
- United Nations Standards for the Transport of Dangerous Goods
DTB performs a variety of environmental,
evaluation type of tests many
of which are covered or similar to testing identified in
Typical examples of the types of testing include:
- Vibration (Truck, Tracked, Trailer, Aircraft, Shipboard, Railroad)
- Atmospheric Pressure
- Isolation Systems Evaluation
- Incline Drop (Room, High and Low Temperature)
- Conformance to Drawing
- Structural Evaluation (Static & Fatigue)
DTB has developed test procedures for customers and in many cases has the available
fixtures for performance of standardized tests. We have a full line of instrumentation
available to provide our customers with the data needed for full evaluation of their
Besides the testing aspects of operations, we can provide a full spectrum of engineering
failure investigation (root cause), product improvement, design, drafting,
structural and dynamic analysis and in field evaluation of failure.
We can also
assist our customers in the development of the test plan, procedures, reports and
item specifications for new products and their performance.